User-provided Information When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called "personally identifiable" information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, demographic information, and credit card or other financial information. For example, you may provide us with personally identifiable information when you register for an account, use the Service, post User Content, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, participate in a Community, make a contribution to a Project, or send us customer service related requests.
"Cookies" InformationWhen you use the Service, we may send one or more "cookies" to your browser, or we may use other similar technologies (such as HTML5 web storage) that are contained within your browser, to store information (such as your preferences) on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. HTML5 web storage may also collect and store information either on a session or persistent basis. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie and web storage settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, or choose not to utilize other similar technologies such as HTML5 web storage, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
"Automatically Collected" InformationWhen you use the Service or open one of our HTML e-mails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service or other information. This information is gathered for all users.
Third Party Web BeaconsWe may also implement third party content, such as third party buttons (such as "like" or "share" buttons) or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Service or may otherwise allow such third party to collect information about you. This information is collected directly by the third party, and Memeni does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Linked AccountsWe may also obtain information from Linked Accounts. By linking a third party Linked Account to your account on the Service (such as a Facebook account), Memeni will have access to certain information on your Linked Account. Information from Linked Accounts that may be accessed and stored includes profile information, friends lists, photos, and other information you have access to through your Linked Account (such as, for example, your Facebook friends' listed interests), in each case provided that you have configured that Linked Account to make such information available to third parties in this manner.
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we used it in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business. For example:
- We may use the information that you provide or that we collect, to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all of the features of the Service, and to customize and personalize your experience with the Service.
- We may use all or part of the information that you provide and that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends, choices, and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or confirmation of Contributions made or received, (b) to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Service or (c) to send you promotional messages related to the Service and the activities of third parties with whom we work. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
We disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with providing the Service and the operation of our business. For example:
- Any information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, on a Community page, or in a Project description page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. Thus, if you provide any information (including business ideas) in a public posting, that information may be accessed, reviewed, and possibly used by other persons, and Memeni is not responsible for this disclosure or any uses of information by other parties as a result of such disclosure.
- If you participate in a Community or offer to make a contribution to any Project, your identity and other personal information will be shared with the Community Sponsor or Project Owner, as the case may be. We may permit Sponsors to retrieve and store information about you, including your personal information, for their use independent of the Service. In addition, others users and Contributors may be able to see that you have participated in that Community or contributed to the Project. We may also permit a Sponsor or Project Owner to contact you using the personal information you have provided or that we have collected, such as, for example, to send you messages related to the Community or Project or to send you any rewards or perks associated with your contribution.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, payment processing, maintenance, and other services. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- We make certain automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties, to: (i) comply with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Memeni and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Memeni, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 18 years-of-age to use the Service or knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 18 years-of-age. If you are under 18 years-of-age, then please do not use or access Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 18 years-of-age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years-of-age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com
and request that we delete that child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically through the e-mail address you have provided to us or through the Service so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. We may choose to limit the availability of the Service or any feature of the Service by geographic area or country.
In the event that all or a portion of Memeni or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Memeni; Beit Alfa 19, Tel Aviv, Israelinfo@memeni.com
Back to top